Monday, 4 July 2011

Good Days

I went to the BFI on the London South Bank today to see the graduate animated films from this finishing year.
I want to extend my congratulations to all of the finishing third years, as well as all those people who contributed to the films. They looked fantastic, and it's always inspirational and amazing to see how those ideas begin and appear at their inception, and what they grow to become on a cinema screen. Bravo!



My friend Mark and I also attended the BP Portrait Awards. I really enjoyed sketching one of the renditions of Peter Capaldi by Daniel Fooks. The inspiration for this piece came from a fantastic documentary on Scottish painting presented by Capaldi, which had given me a similar desire to contact the man.



However, this awesome Nathan Ford painting took my public vote - http://www.npg.org.uk/whatson/exhibitions/bp-portrait-award-2011/the-exhibition/exhibitors/bp-exhibitor-18.php

[ And just a little update - ]